It’s spring cleaning time! Have you tidied up your Facebook lately? Here are a few places to start.
- Go here and delete every application. You can re-authorize them again if/when you use them: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications
- Delete games and go outside, instead:https://www.facebook.com/games/activity
- Search Facebook for public posts, and delete them. To do this, go to Google and type in whatever your Facebook name is, in quotes, and then site:facebook.com, eg (everything between the arrows) —> “jebediah springfield” site:facebook.com <— (a trick if you have a pretty common name is to change it to something unique, redo the search in a few days after Google has re-indexed, then change it back).
- Go through your groups and leave any that don’t make your life significantly better: https://www.facebook.com/groups/?category=membership (remember to delete your contributions before leaving private groups, because you can’t see them afterwards.)
- Get rid of as many Likes (fan pages) as possible. Stop giving advertisers/brands access to your behaviour. Do do this, go here and click on “See All” on the far right, and Unlike as many as you can:https://www.facebook.com/pages/feed
Let me know how it goes, or if you have questions!