The instructions below must be applied on Maximizer application server.
- In a text editor, create a file called SqlBackup.sql, and add the following line:
BACKUP DATABASE [database name] TO DISK = [backup name] WITH INIT
where [database name] is the name of the Maximizer CQL database and [backup name] is the filename and location of your backup file. See the example below:
BACKUP DATABASE EsconaTutorial TO DISK = ‘D:\Escona.bak’ WITH INIT.
- In a text editor, create a file called SqlBackup.bat, and add the following line:
Sqlcmd -S -U MASTER -P -i
Where is the name of your SQL Server, is the password of the MASTER user, and is the name and path of the file you created in step 1. See example below:
Sqlcmd -S MYSQLSERVER\MAXIMIZER -U MASTER -P CONTROL -i C:\SqlBackup.sql
- Add the Scheduled task.
- Go to Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks
- Double-click Add Scheduled Task.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the browse button. Browse to the SqlBackup.bat file you created, select the file and click open.
- Choose how often you would like the backup to occur. For example, choose Daily and click Next.
- Select the time you want the backup to start. For example, select 11:00 PM and click Next.
- In the Enter the user name field, enter [Machine Name]\Administrator, specify the Administrator’s password, and click Next. [Machine Name] is the name of the Maximizer application server.
- Click Finish to schedule the backup and close the Scheduled Task Wizard.
Using the above example, a backup of your Maximizer database will occur at 11:00 PM on a daily basis.
This is a simple example and the process will accomplish an automated backup. If you require additional functionality, see the Transact SQL documentation for details on adding functionality to the SQL script.
- Maximizer CRM 10.x Group Edition
- Maximizer CRM 10 Entrepreneur Edition