I am really excited about the Blackberry playbook and I think the hype is warranted. There are a few things that RIM should do to dominate the market:
- Come up with a way to get ipad apps working FLAWLESSLY on the Blackberry Playbook. This would most likely involve using a conversion process. We all know it’s the apps that made the ipad the ipad. By allowing Blackberry users to have access to thousands of apps right of the hop would be a huge boon to RIM. They should offer this as a FREE software download and make it very user friendly.
- Make sure to tweak the powersetting on the device. Because it is so much more powerfull then the ipad they have to make sure it isn’t a juice bug.
- Don’t forget who where you came from and who REALLY loves you RIM! Businesses are what got you to where you are. Make sure that the devices are secure and play well in business environments. Remember it’s the consumer market where your image will come from. Don’t play second fiddle to Apple or Google.
- Continue to improve BES. BES is a server software that allows Blackberry to sync with Server Software like Microsoft Exchange. Honestly this is the one two punch because there is no other phone provider that allows you to do this. If it wasn’t for BES Rim you’d be in MUCH worse shape. I applaud you for giving BES express away free to small businesses.
- Make sure that it looks good and feels good. You also have to make sure it more rugged then the ipad.
What do you think?