The backup program is crap. When you do have to use it, it is nice to know how to script with it.
As most people know backing up the system state will backup the most important parts of the server. Here is a listing of the items it backs up.
- COM+ Class Registration database
- Boot files
- Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) database
- Active Directory database
- SYSVOL directory
- Cluster service information
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) metadirectory
- System files that are under Windows Resource Protection
- Active Directory Federation Service
Open the command prompt and type:
wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backupTarget:”\\SERVER\SHARE\FOLDER_Name_of_server\systemstate\”