The ford 2013 C-max has been one of my favourite vehicles. Both inside and out the C-max 2013 looks absolutely classy with a bit of European styling. Previously I only associated this kind of design and features with a high-end expensive imports.
I’m a really tall guy at 6’4”. My sister’s fiancé is even taller at 6’6”. Both of us had lots of headroom both in the back as well as the front of the vehicle.
The Technology in the car is absolutely fantastic. There are so many “small” details that ford has thought of. They’ve done this to not only make out lives easier but safer as well.
Here is some of my favourite things that made me smile every time I used them:
- Unlike so many stereo systems out there, you have to allow your eyes to wonder a significant distance to check a song’s name or to change a station. Ford uses Microsoft Sync technology and all that information is put right on your dash in front of you by the speedometer. With the wheel controls you can easily change tracks on the fly.
- The Microsoft sync software is very easy to navigate. Ford engineers and designers made all the buttons that interact with the system large enough so that they are easily touched and read.
- The ability to never turn the key is amazing. Ford has designed the system so that you only need to have the fob in your pocket or in your purse. The car senses that you are in front of it and all you need to do is pull the handle. The car will automatically unlock for you. Get into the car and put your foot on the brake. Press a single button and the C-max 2013 starts quietly. Sometimes it is completely in auditable because it’s running of it’s internal Hybrid battery.
- The ability to open the trunk door with your foot is not a gimmick. Once you have used it you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
- A car that parallel parks itself still “freaks” me out in. It’s amazing how perfectly the system will park the car for you. I wonder how many people would have got their license on the first time if they were able to use the park assist for the diving exam.
- Lumbar support on the seats is fantastic. Being a tall person with a bad back I found that my back yearned to be inside the car. The seats are one of those things you just need to sit in to appreciate.
- Ford allows the driver to modify the ambience of the car by changing the lighting color.
- The Gas mileage is absolutely fantastic. Here’s a link to a site of real Ford customers letting people know about their awesome gas mileage: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/forum/16-fuel-mileage/
I received the demo car during some of the coldest days of the year. The car was quiet and started without a hitch… I can’t say the same for my 2012 Chrysler van.
Overall I have to give the 2013 Ford C-Max a very high mark. The detail and styling looks very European and classy. The car performs well, has a lot of pep and handles most tasks that you can throw at it..
Here’s some of the images I was able to take of the vehicle: