This post will cover the annoying error message that you might be getting on your machine. The whole error message is: “Incorrect MFC Dll version installed on the system,minimum requirement is MFC SP4 Dlls”. What this error message is refering to is Dell’s Wireless Network manager that ships on machines like Inspiron 9400s.
The reason why you get the “Incorrect MFC Dll version installed on the system,minimum requirement is MFC SP4 Dlls” message is there is some corrupt files that are part of Dell’s wireless system tray. It’s a pig on memory and you don’t really need it. I recommend that you just make sure that you use the built in Windows Wireless manager.
To get rid of the error you have to go into:
- START – Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Services
- Find “Dell Wireless WLAN tray Service”
- Right click the service and select “STOP”.
- Wait for the service to stop
- Double click the service.
- Make sure “STARTUP TYPE” is set to “Disabled”.
- If there are any “Incorrect MFC Dll version installed on the system,minimum requirement is MFC SP4 Dlls” on the screen close them. It should not re-apear again if you followed the steps correctly.
To switch the machine over to the built in Windows Wireless Manager follow these few steps:
- Click “My Computer”
- In the address bar type “Desktop” and hit Enter
- Find “My Network Places” right click it and select “Properties”
- Fine the Wireless Network Connection icon. Right click it and select “Properties”.
- Click on the second tab labled “Wireless Networks”.
- Make sure that “Use Windows to configure my network settings” is checked off.
- Noww you must click “Add” button to add your wireless network info. You will select the SSID network name and then you must enter your router’s wireless password.
I hate it when Manufacturer’s add their crappy bloatware to their machines!
I hope this helped you get rid of the “Incorrect MFC Dll version installed on the system,minimum requirement is MFC SP4 Dlls” message!