This post will go over how to get a free subscription to a pretty good security suite. You have to be running Windows 7 in order to install this though. *NOTE* – My favorite Antivirus suite right now is Microsoft Security Essentials which is always free and runs on both Windows XP, Vista and 7!
Until today I’d still say screw (pardon me) the free Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 for attendees and hosts of Windows 7 launch parties promotion. It has been annoyingly “posted everywhere” and finally when the day comes, you need to enter the party host’s email address to receive the license. I knew it was too good to be true or impossible for Kaspersky to be that generous, that’s why I didn’t have a blog post on that. Well some lucky and smart people are able to “Google” for the host’s email address but still Kaspersky deactivated a lot of codes that were obtained fraudulently. Even for those free 6 months KIS or KAV license from magazine promotions were also strictly being monitored and immediately terminated when they found out it has been leaked.
Enough for the rant and let’s get to the real thing. Today I am going to share with you a unique tip on how to get Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 license for FREE which has not been posted at anywhere yet. Do you still remember that ComputerBild, one of the best selling German language computer magazine in Europe that is giving out free Kaspersky Security Suite CBE? Five months ago I’ve written on how to install the latest version of CBE 2009 and today it will be about CBE Win7 which is the same as Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
Note: If you already have a ComputerBild account, you can jump straight to step 3.
1. Go to this page and fill up the form to register for an account at computerbild.de.
2. Check your email. You should get an email from ComputerBild with confirmation link to activate your account. Click on the link.
3. Go to this page http://www.computerbild.de/Kaspersky-Security-Suite-CBE-09-4280623.html
4. If you’re asked to login, enter your Computerbild’s username and password. If you see something like the screenshot below, check the second checkbox to request for the Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7 license key and click the “Lizenzschlüssel anfordern” button.
5. Check your email again and this time you’ll get an email containing the license key to activate Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7. (The license key that you get will always be the same. So don’t bother requesting multiple times with different accounts)
6. Download latest Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7 and install. Now everything is in German. If you can understand German language, then you don’t really need to change the language to English. For others, continue the steps.
7. After installation and Kaspersky Security Suite CBE 09 is running, click the Einstellungen button on the top right to bring up the settings window.
8. Click Einstellungen at the left navigation and uncheck Selbstschutz aktiveren. Click OK to close the Einstellungen window.
9. Download and run this registry hack to change the Kaspersky from German to English. After running the registry file, feel free to go through the step 8 again to check the “Enable Protection”.
10. You can either Restart your computer or terminate Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7 and run it again to see the changes. See the image below, Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7 german interface has been changed to Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 ENGLISH!
You will see that the license has only 61 days remaining. When the license is expired, all you need to do is go through step 3 by logging in to your computerbild account and request another new updated Kaspersky Security Suite CBE license key which will give you another 3 months subscription. The license key can only be used on Security Suite CBE and won’t work on Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
Unfortunately this is only for Windows 7 users. You CANNOT install Kaspersky Security Suite CBE Win7 on XP or Vista.