This article will go over how to remotely manager Hyper-V with Windows 7. I’ve also included the link for the tools for how to remotely manager Hyper-V with Windows Vista.
For Windows 7 you will need to download Microsoft Remote Server Administration tools for Windows 7 to remotely manage Hyper-V.
For Windows Vista you will need to download Microsoft Vista Management tools update. You will need at least sp1 or sp2 installed before you can remotely manage Hyper-V.
Warning. The tools are just over 220MB in size. Once you download the Remote server administration tools for windows just run the msu file and follow the install. You should find it pretty easy to click along with.
Complete all the steps that are required by the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when installation is completed.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
- In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- If you are prompted by User Account Control to allow the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Select the remote management tools (Hyper-V) that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.
- Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
- In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK.
- Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.