IE9 A problem displaying <website> caused Internet Explorer to refresh the webpage using compatibility View
This is where I am going to document the issue I am having with IE9. “IE9 A problem displaying <website> caused Internet Explorer to refresh the webpage using compatibility View”
This issue is driving me nuts. To give you an idea on my configuration I have:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- i7 processor
- eVGA x58 Motherboard (Latest BIOS and drivers)
- 6GB of 1600Mhz Ram
- MSI 460 GTX Hawk.
These are the things I have tried fix the issue. All previous versions of Internet Explorer displayed the same pages without issues. Firefox, Chrome and Safari aren’t having any issues.
- I installed the demo of IE and removed
- Installed IE9 Beta and Removed
- Installed IE9 RC and Removed
- Fully Patched/Up to Date. Removed IE9 again and re-installed.
- Updated BIOS
- Updated Nvidia driver
- Tried disabling all 3rd party add-on running IE9.
- Tried running without any add-ons and this did nothing.
- Turned off using GPU in IE9 by going to Tools-Options-Advanced and turned off option.
- Made sure there was no spyware/Adware/Virus
Just some of the sites that are causing me the issues:
I originally hypothesized that the issue was caused by code on the websites I was visiting were improperly targeting Internet Explorer. I found it weird at least 50% of the site were having issues.
I no longer think that is the correct. I did a test on a client’s dell. There is no issues what so ever with the same sites. The machine was a Dell that uses an Intel Onboard video card.
The other thing that I was thinking that could be causing the issues:
- Knowing that IE9 uses the video card so much more makes me think that maybe it could be the driver/video card
- IE Add-on that is causing the issues.
Anyone else getting this error? Have you tried something else? Leave a comment.