Outlook iCal Issue
I client of mind was having issues with sending Outlook appointments.
- She was clicked on the “Calendar” she wanted to send.
- She then clicked on the appointment.
- She went up to Actions
- Send as iCal
- She would receive an error message stating that she didn’t have enough permissions to create an iCal
I found a program called “Outlook Temp Cleaner” that really helped me out. It turns out the reason why Outlook couldn’t create an iCal was a file in her temporary folder was corrupt. This program easily shows you where that folder is.
- Make sure that Outlook is closed.
- Install “Outlook Temp Cleaner” program
- Once you have installed the software click on “Clean Cache”.
Once you have done this start outlook. You will notice that Outlook will start a little slower. It is re-creating the temp files it needs. Try sending the iCal again. You will notice that outlook will now Open an email with an iCal file in it like it should.