The MKT 2010 is the all new luxury crossover from Lincoln. The car features 3 rows of comfort with intuitive technologies. As far as the engine goes, Ford gives owners the option of selecting either the 3.7 Litre V6 or the new 3.5litre V6 EcoBoost Engine. I am using the EcoBoost model that has an estimated 355 horsepower engine. Even with the powerful engine the MKT remains quiet because of the best in class noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) control. There are a couple of reasons why the MKT has such smooth pickup.
- Pressurized Direct Injection – This feature helps eliminate the “turbo lag” associated with earlier turbocharged engines. Even with the extra horsepower you can be assured that the MKT has great millage.
- EcoBoost – is the global Ford technology that combines direct injection with twin turbochargers and smaller-displacement engine. EcoBoost can match the power of larger aspirated engines yet be better on gas millage.
- SelectShift Automatic Transmission – This advance gear box offer the driver between fully automatic and manual control.
- New Rear Suspension – features a “one for one” shock absorber ratio. This results in responsive handling, a smooth ride and enables the use of 20” wheels!
Every Lincoln comes with world class panel margins, High tactile quality of interior surfaces/trim as well as the brands signature head turning design. There are many hidden gems that one might not notice at first with this crossover. There are too many thing to list but some of the note worthy items like a:
- Custom Color Led Cup holders
- Lights that light up the area outside your car when it’s dark outside
make this vehicle stand out from other luxury brands.
The Lincoln MKT has many upgrades and features for every budget or need. Some of the features you can choose from are:
- Vista Roof with power-assisted front and rear sun shades or Power Panoramic Vista opening roof.
- Six or seven passenger variations with two different second row seating.
- Power “Fold and Tumble” bucket seats with heating, cooling and power assisted lumbar adjustments
- Second row Footrests
- Family 7” entertainment system
- Microsoft Sync Software
- Many color combinations
The Lincoln MKT delivers a ton of technologies aimed at making life luxurious for the drive and passengers. Some of these inovations are:
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering which enables the optional Active Park Assist.
- Active Park Assist can be activated by pressing one button near the stick shift. Unlike competitors that use camera-reliant system, Fords Active Park Assist uses precise ultrasonic sensing system that makes parallel parking a breeze.
- Active Park Assist will also work on uphill parking. Again, Ford is the only vehicle manufacturer that has this ability.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – You can set and maintain vehicle speed. The Lincoln MKT will use radar to monitor traffic in front of the vehicle. This optional system automatically adjusts the speed and slows the vehicle down to the same speed as the vehicle in front of you.
- Push Button Start – allows the driver to enter the Lincoln and start the engine without using the key.Driver carry a special fob as the get close to the vehicle and start the engine by pressing a single button.
- SecuriCode Keyless Entry Keypad – allows acces to the MKT by unlocking the drivers door by entering the pre-set 5 digit code. The pad is flush mounted and backlit.
- Adaptive Headlights – These lights turn the same directions as the vehicle is turning to allow the driver to see better on turns.
- Auto High Beams – This technology allows the car to switch to high intensity when no other vehicles are in range.
- Rain Sensing Wipers – Ford has developed an optical sensing system to gauge precipitation to automatically adjust wipers.
- MyKey – Allows parents or owners to restrict certain Lincoln MKT features when in the use of a MyKey driver.
- Blind Spot Information System – Using radar sensors the MKT can tell if there is an object in your blind spot. The side mirrors will light up orange to alert the driver.
- Reverse Camera System – This is a standard feature that uses the navigation screen to display a review shot of your car.
- Lincoln Sync – Is standard on the MKT. It is an award winning voice activated communications and entertainment system developed by Ford and Microsoft. It integrates Bluetooth enabled mobile phones and digital media players.
- Sync 911 Assist – will notify 911 in the event of an airbag being deployed.
- THX II Certified 5.1 Surround audio system with 14 premium audio speakers including a 10” subwoofer.
- Collision Warning with Braking – provides a drivers with a heads up audio alarm sound. If the driver does not respond the system will pre-charge the breaks to prepare the vehicle for a very aggressive stop.
I could go on and on about all the technology inside your soon to be Lincoln MKT but until you try one for yourself you won’t realize how magical this technology is and how much safer you will be.
Tomorrow I will be going over the Microsoft Sync Techology in depth.