Microsoft Surface hard reset
How to Factory Reset Microsoft Surface RT.
To reset your Surface without logging in, please try the following:
- 1. Attach your Touch Cover / Type Cover.
- 2. Power on your Surface.
- 3. Press and hold the Left Shift key at the Login screen.
- 4. Press the Power icon.
- 5. Press Restart
Your surface should boot to a light blue screen with some options on it.
- 1. Click on Troubleshoot.
- 2. Click on Reset your PC.
- 3. Follow the prompts.
How to reset surface?
1. Factory Reset.
- Go to tap Applications list > Settings > about > reset your tablet.
Press Windows key and Power buttons together, same as Alt+Ctrl + Del on previous Windows OS.
You can use Backup and Restore Center to restore backups.
As last resort you can restore the factory image from the recovery partition. The recovery partition on a Microsoft Surface unit is a hidden partition on the drive. You should not delete this partition to free disk space, because the partition contains a copy of the factory image.
To restore the factory image
- Turn on your device and press the BACKSPACE key.
- Press F8 key.
- Select Repair your computer and hit ENTER
- After the recovery wizard (keyb. layout, user, pass etc.)
- Select cmd Command prompt, and then open the D:\recovery directory.
Enter recovery.cmd and then hit the ENTER key. Wait until it finishes.
After restarting the device you need to go through the setup
I hope this helps