I kills me watching another consultant or user when they use remote desktop. I don’t mean the technology, I mean the remote desktop client that comes with Windows OS. Granted… it’s in the start menu of every windows machine by default. It is a quick and dirty way of using remote desktop. Don’t you think you’d be much better off using something like “Remote Desktop Connection Manager”?!?
Some of the benefits of using Remote Desktop Connection Manager is:
- EASY to use!
- It allows you to group several servers into groups.
- Passwords are encrypted when you save them
- You can move fluently between many different servers at a time.
- Write notes about each server
- Save your configuration and copy them to other workstations
Being a consultant I can’t begin to tell you how much time this saves me. If you’ve never used Remote Desktop Connection Manager I don’t know what you are waiting for!