Sorry for not posting more but I’ve been extremely busy with Micah, the house packing and renovations! I did notice that nVidia has released a new driver. Here are some of the benefits of this new driver.
I’ve got a Geforce 280GTX video card. The Windows 7 64bit driver can be found here:
This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 197.45
- Recommended for the best performance with the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
- Adds support for the new version of MotionDSP’s video enhancement software, vReveal.
- Fixes a video playback issue in Media Player Classic.
Existing Support in Release 197 Drivers
- Supports Next Generation ION.
- Supports GeForce GT 320 , GeForce GT 330 , and GeForce GT 340 .
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 126.96.36.199 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
- Adds Ambient Occlusion support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here .
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here .
- Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 ( Open Computing Language ) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here .
- Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software .