If there is one word that can sum up the Logitech Wieless G930 headset is “Awesome”. It has the ability to be both a wired and wireless headset. When in wireless mode the battery lasts 8-10hrs of continues use. The headset is very comfortable. Every part of the headset has been designed with ergonomic and comfort in mind.
Used wirelessly I can walk around my whole house and have everything sound crystal clear. While it might not be as good as Sennheiser headsets, the G930 will give them a pretty good run for their money. The 7.1 virtual surround sound and sound isolation on this headset is one of the best I have tested.
You will have to use a computer with the G930 Wireless headset as it connects with a USB adapter. It comes with it’s own round plastic base that doubles as a cable management tool. Plugging the headset into a Windows 7 machine went very smooth. I didn’t need to install any software or drivers. Because I like to tweak everything I decided I wanted to install the software. I went to the website and downloaded the latest version of the software.
These were taken off of the Logitech website:
- Windows® XP, Windows Vista® or Windows® 7
- Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or equivalent
- USB port
- CD-ROM drive
- 7.1 surround sound and G-key programming require software installation.
Here’s a walk through of the Logitech Wireless G930 headset:
From this picture you can see most of the buttons on the headset.
In the Logitech G930 Software you can configure all the buttons to do different things in different games and programs.
I like tweaking the sound of my headsets and Logitech does not disappoint. Below you can see the settings that I found to give me the best sound.
It’s absolutely amazing how well this headset does 7.1 sound. Just encase you don’t like the defaults you can tweak it to your liking.
While it’s not something I would use, you can use the software to change your voice.
- Connection: 2.4 GHz RF
- Range: up to 40 feet (12 meters)*
- Audio stream: uncompressed 48 kHz
- Reception: dual antenna
- Interference resistance: forward error correction and dynamic channel selection
- Continuous playback time: up to 10 hours per charge**
- Charging connection: full-speed USB; charge-while-playing enabled
- Charge time: 2.5 hours or less (longer when in use)
- Ear cup: up to 26 dB noise isolation
- Driver: laser-tuned; 40 mm diameter with neodymium magnet; 15mm diameter voice coil with ferrofluid damping
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Pickup pattern: cardioid (unidirectional)
- Type: pressure gradient electret condenser
- Frequency response: 100 Hz– 75 kHz
- Volume roller: 80,000 revolutions (minimum)
- Button: 50,000 presses (minimum)
- Headband slide: indexed stainless spring steel
- Ear cup rotation joint: aircraft-grade aluminum alloy